Tuesday, May 30, 2017

Because sometimes you need '80s New Wave music

So the other day I'm driving in the car with the spouse and the teenager when I realize we're listening to New Wave music from the 1980s.

'Are we listening to Pandora?' I asked. 'Nope,' they said, 'It's 1st Wave on Sirius XM.'

O frabjous day! Callooh! Callay! I chortled in my joy. FINALLY, a replacement for WLIR!

And since that fateful day, I have had my car radio tuned to Sirius XM Channel 33 -- and have heard many old gems I had forgotten about, like...

"Start!" from The Jam...



And "Cool Places" sung by Sparks and Jane Wiedlin...



Gotta love those '80s New Wave videos.

And "Legal Tender" from the B-52s...



And speaking of legal tender, remember the Pet Shop Boys' song "Opportunities (Let's Make Lots of Money)"?



Some days I miss the 1980s, at least the music.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the B52s! And I forgot about that song. Thanks for sharing. Brings back great memories!

Dave S. said...

Sparks and Jane Wiedlin: two great 80s tastes that go great together!