Saturday, April 5, 2014

The artist formerly known as Pres

Some might say that the artistic stylings of the former president known as "W.," whose first art exhibit, titled "The Art of Leadership: A President's Personal Diplomacy," opened today in Dallas, are strictly bush league. And they would be correct.

But I have to admit, I kind of like George W. Bush's artwork*, particularly this painting of a rescue cat...






















and this portrait of Bush's deceased Scottish terrier, Barney.






















I even like some of his portraits, including this one of former Japanese Prime Minister Junichiro Koizumi...






















And this self portrait.






















(I refuse to show the shower scene. That would be psycho.)

Sure, sure, if his last name wasn't "Bush" or he hadn't been President of the United States, George W.'s artwork would probably not be shown in a gallery. But hey, I have seen much worse art shows (at actual art galleries and museums) -- and having a hobby, especially one that doesn't harm people, is always a fine idea.

Make art, not war, I say.

So what do you all think of former President Bush's artwork?

No comments: