Saturday, May 18, 2013

Make way for goslings

So as I was driving home from the farmers market this morning, I came across this mama goose and her mate and their three goslings crossing Route 7, our local highway (for lack of a better term). For once, I had my little Canon PowerShot S95 with me, so I was able to take these three photographs.

Here they are in the process of crossing the road. (The goslings were so adorable, waddling away.)
















Right after I took this next photo, though, the geese abruptly did an about face (or goose) -- and had me worried for a minute.
















Fortunately, there was a red light up ahead -- so no one was honking (except maybe the geese). And by the time light had turned green, mama goose, the gander, and their three goslings had safely waddled over to the shoulder.
















And they all lived happily ever after.

No comments: