Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Words with Friend Alec Baldwin

Welcome to another Shameless Plug edition of J-TWO-O! Today's shameless plug: My stepfather's new book, Eye Rhymes (pictured at right -- and a steal at only $9.95).

What are eye rhymes? Also known as "visual rhymes" or "sight rhymes," eye rhymes are verses based on words that look as if they should rhyme but don't (e.g., bomb, comb, tomb). And the book Eye Rhymes is filled with 47 of them, all written by my stepfather, wordsmith and cryptic puzzle creator John de Cuevas, and illustrated by his friends Sara Ferguson and Janet Young.

And what, pray tell, does this have to do with Alec Baldwin? I'm so glad you asked!

Alec Baldwin -- along with master thespian Blythe Danner -- narrate the online version of the book, which you can listen to (and read along with -- for free) at http://eyerhymesplus.com/. (But would it kill you to buy a book?)

And while I am shamelessly plugging books, it's not too late to purchase a copy of my mother's children's book, Polarity Bear Tours the Zoo: A Central Park Adventure!

Okay, my work here is done.

No comments: