Thursday, June 14, 2012

A visit to Monet's Garden (in the Bronx)

I have been to France many times, but I have yet to make it to Giverny, to see artist Claude Monet's house and gardens. Until now. Sort of.

If you live in the New York City metro area, are visiting New York anytime soon, love Claude Monet's water lilies and flower paintings or just love beautiful gardens, you have to go visit Monet's Garden at the New York Botanical Garden in the Bronx. I have been wanting to visit Monet's Garden at the NYBG ever since it opened May 19, and I finally got my chance today. (I'll write that 1000-word article on women CIOs tomorrow.)

Here is a sample of some of the beautiful flowers you will see (if there aren't crowds of pushy senior citizens blocking your view).




















Monet's Garden runs through October 21, 2012, and the flowers change with the season. I will definitely be back.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! Gorgeous! Thanks for the heads up!

anna

Anonymous said...

France/Schmanz! Who needs it when you got the Bronx!!!

Carlos said...

A dream place to visit, I wish I could.