Thursday, June 21, 2012

The dog days of summer

I like summer, and I am pretty heat tolerant. But 95 degrees, which feels like over 100 when you factor in the humidity, is just too darn hot. (Definitely way too hot to be sitting in an un-airconditioned gym for two hours watching your eighth grader graduate. At least the girls can wear sundresses; the boys have to wear jackets and long pants.)

So, to help you cool down, I have provided a handy visual aid.

Just imagine you are a dog... with no job other than to look adoringly at your humans... who have kindly provided you with this big thing of cool water to jump in, again and again and again...



Aaah... I could watch that Boxer dog jump into that pool all day. Wish I could jump in with him.

1 comment:

Betty Cracker said...

The boxer in the video may be a genetic mutation. My boxer dogs (current and late, lamented) are the worst swimmers of any species I've ever seen. They'll reluctantly jump off a boat and awkwardly swim the short distance to join their masters onshore, but you can tell they don't like it, not one bit. I don't think even a steak could entice them to frolic in a pool.