Wednesday, April 27, 2011

The pros and cons of spring

Yesterday was a beautiful day here in Stepford (not my town's real name) -- 75 degrees and sunny! And as I sat at my computer in my t-shirt, clam diggers, and flip-flops looking out at all of the beautiful budding trees, I thought of all the reasons I love spring. Which, of course, immediately led me to think about all of the things I don't like about spring. (Hey, I gotta be me!)

So, herewith, my list of the Pros and Cons of Spring:

Pros

Cons

Warm weather outside!

I’m stuck inside, working.

Flowers and trees blooming everywhere!

Bugs everywhere

I have a lawn again!

That lawn isn’t going to mow itself.

Birds singing!

Effing birds chirping like an alarm clock at 5 a.m.

Hello shorts and t-shirts!

Hello stretch marks, cellulite, flabby bits

Baseball!

I’ll be lucky if my team breaks .500

Better mileage!

Higher gas prices + more driving

Cute furry animals frolicking on my lawn!

Tics + animal poop


Feel free to add your own Pros and Cons via the Comments. And enjoy the warm weather!

(Wonder how long it will take Dave S. to say "Seasonal allergies"...)

4 comments:

The Daily Del Franco said...

Spring means optimism, hope & possibility and the promise of better weather ahead. However, it also means that the NY Rangers have likely been eliminated from the Stanley Cup playoffs.

Dave S. said...

Seasonal allergies. Sorry I'm late; my mind is dulled by antihistamines.

Charlene said...

Pro: The geese are returning.

Con: Rain. 13 inches of rain for the month in April already.

J. said...

@TDDF, let me guess, you're one of those "glass half full" people.

@Dave S., better late than never.

@Charlene, geese are a major con up here, though 13 inches of rain sucks no matter where you are (except the desert, maybe).