Wednesday, July 28, 2010

That's the way (uh-huh uh-huh) I like it (uh-huh uh-huh)

I don't know about you all, but every time I hear Enrique Iglesias's new song, "I Like It" (featuring Pitbull), which, considering my car radio is tuned to, like, every Top 40/Pop station in the NYC-Tri-State area, is a lot...



I cannot help but think of that other "I Like It" song. I am, of course, referring to KC & The Sunshine Band's timeless classic, "That's the Way (I Like It)"...



the chorus to which, in case you forgot, went

Oh, that's the way, uh-huh uh-huh,
I like it, uh-huh, uh-huh.
That's the way, uh-huh uh-huh,
I like it, uh-huh, uh-huh.
That's the way, uh-huh uh-huh,
I like it, uh-huh, uh-huh.
That's the way, uh-huh uh-huh,
I like it, uh-huh, uh-huh.

At the time, my mother referred to "That's the Way (I Like It)" as "the stupidest [or was it 'dumbest'?] song ever," which I think may have been a bit harsh -- and inaccurate. (Consider the Comments your opportunity to list the dumbest pop song or songs you have ever heard.)

In any case, I'm not so sure the chorus to Enrique Iglesias's "I Like It" is any deeper or more profound...

Baby I like it
The way you move on the floor
Baby I like it
Come on and give me some more
Oh yes I like it
Screaming like never before
Baby I like it
I, I, I like it.

but I like it, too. I, I, I like it.

No comments: