Friday, May 21, 2010

What’s a poor girl got to do just to have some fun?

Friday, payday, Lordy got to get away
Had it with the wife thing, living on a shoe string
What’s a poor girl got to do just to have some fun?
All these years without any help
Guess what, honey, clothes just don’t wash themselves!
Neither do dishes, neither does the bathroom floor.

So, now if anyone asks, not that they would
I’ll be down in Uncasville and up to no good...




(If I'm going to lose money, I'd rather do it the old-fashioned way. And blackjack is way more fun than watching the Dow and NASDAQ -- and my retirement savings -- redline on CNBC. Also, did I mention there's free booze?)

UPDATED: Well, I won't be retiring any time soon, nor quitting my day job, but I did come home with an extra $80 in my wallet, after paying for lunch for two. And I (we) had a good time, and met some nice people. All in all, not a bad way to spend a few hours. Now excuse me while I catch up on work, go make dinner, do the dishes, and start the laundry.

No comments: