Monday, May 17, 2010

Do I really need to know about your sex life?

The short answer is "NO."

(FYI: This post is NOT aimed at or in reaction to anyone in particular, REALLY. It has more to do with TMI in today's very public world.)

While I am happy (honest!) that so many of my friends actually have a sex life, please, spare me the details. It's not that I don't love you or care about you or don't want you to be happy or am envious. None of those apply. (Trust me.) I just believe some things, like one's sex life, should be kept PRIVATE.

Sure, go ahead and tell me "I have this great new boyfriend and he is the most amazing kisser!" (Good for you!) Or "My husband took me on the most romantic weekend!" (That's so nice!) Or even "Oh my God, this new babe I am seeing is totally HOT!" (Lucky you!) But trust me when I tell you, I do not want nor need to hear how many times you made "whoopee" or where or what positions you used. REALLY.

By the same token, I really could have lived without seeing this story, titled "G-Shot Puts Sparks Back In Your Sex Life," which aired on ABC26 in New Orleans last week (and which found its way onto my Twitter feed). Though that said, be sure to watch until the very end, when the co-anchors discuss. (In a word: TMI.)



Prudishly yours,

J.

3 comments:

Steven Friedlander said...

I saw the ABC26 video over the weekend and had to shut my computer for the rest of the day. I felt very unclean. As for you being "prudish": not at all...one or two lines, as you suggest, is okay. # of orgasms per night: Not so much.

This was the perfect J-Two-O post, filled with J opinions and featuring a touch of the outside world. Bravo and g-dspeed.

Steven

Dave S. said...

Are you getting page hits from students at large Midwestern universities who never thought it could happen to them?

Or is it just Ernie Anastos?

Dan said...

Um .... just ignore that e-mail I sent you then.