Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Best New York Mets Song Ever

As many of you know, I am a HUGE New York Mets fan -- and have been for longer than I would like to print. (Let's just say I remember when Tom Seaver was traded.) And unlike certain fair weather fans (e.g., the spouse, Craig Carton), I REFUSE to root for the New York Yankees when my team is struggling.

Sure, I'll turn off the TV when, say, Mets pitching ace Johan Santana gives up a grand slam after walking the pitcher, causing my Mets to lose to the Phillies 11-5. But that doesn't mean I won't be watching the game the following night (and praying that Ollie Perez doesn't have to be relieved in the third or fourth inning).

Anyway, getting back to this morning's post, every weekday morning the spouse and I wake up to Boomer & Carton on WFAN. And this morning we were fortunate enough to catch producer Al Dukes' latest Mets song, "I See Ollie, I See Maine," sung (and I use that word loosely) to the tune of James Taylor's "Fire and Rain." And truly, this may be Al Dukes' best Mets pitcher song EVER.

WFAN's Al Dukes' "I See Ollie, I See Maine":

Let us just hope that it lights a fire under Mets pitcher John Maine, like Al's last Maine song did, and that Maine wins one for the Mets tonight in Cincinnati.

No comments: