Monday, March 15, 2010

Lady Gaga explained

After watching Lady Gaga's latest video, "Telephone," featuring Beyonce (or most of it), it finally occurred to me how to explain Lady Gaga. Imagine if Madonna and Sir Elton John had a love child. That love child would be Lady Gaga (nee Stefani Joanne Angelina Germanotta).

Seriously, watch Madonna's video "Hung Up" then watch Lady Gaga's "Telephone" (which now contains a warning and requires you to confirm you are over 18 on YouTube).


See a resemblance?

Now watch Lady Gaga performing with Elton John at the Grammy's -- and tell me she is not his (and Madonna's) musical love child.



Need more proof? Check out Elton John's "I'm Still Standing" music video:


Elton John - I'm Still Standing

I rest my case.

Btw, if you want to see some PG-13-rated Lady Gaga videos, click here. And no, we have no plans to go see Lady Gaga after seeing "Telephone." Definitely not appropriate for an 11-year-old (or her prudish mother).

2 comments:

Martha Kruy said...

Thanks for the explanation, Jennifer. Her name alone nauseates me, though both Bri and Dan listen to her music. I was never a fan of Madonna (though she was quite funny on the Marriage Ref last week)...so I doubt I would listen to this one. Why did she have to pick such an awful stage name? Cheers.

Martha

EMM said...

J - wondering what it was about Telephone that would make you reconsider seeing her in concert. I don't think the video is more or less provacative than other videos. Granted, it is dark and violent, but not any "sexier".

My mother would not have let me as an 11 year old listen to Lady Gaga. Totally respect keeping Mini-J away.

I agree 100% with the Elton John/Madonna connection.