Monday, February 8, 2010

Four best Super Bowl XLIV ads

Good Super Bowl (congrats to the New Orleans Saints), not so good ads. Still a few (or should I say "four") of the ads really stood out, in terms of their creative humor, such as...

this ad for McDonald's with LeBron James, Dwight Howard, and Larry Byrd:



(Great ad, but I still have a soft spot for the original McDonald's basketball shooting contest featuring Larry Bird and Michael Jordan.)

We also got a kick out of the Snickers ad featuring Betty White and Abe Vigoda (who is still not dead):



And I got a chuckle out of the FloTV ad featuring CBS sportscaster Jim Nance:



But our favorite Super Bowl XLIV commercial had to be this promo for "Late Show with David Letterman," featuring David Letterman, Oprah, and Jay Leno:



Got a favorite Super Bowl XLIV ad, which I didn't include? Let me know via a Comment.

3 comments:

The Daily Del Franco said...

I couldn't believe the Letterman/Leno ad---at our party, we thought Leno was superimposed or something. Anyone know how this came together?

J. said...

@The Daily Del Franco, "How the Letterman-Oprah-Leno Super Bowl Ad Came Together."

EMM said...

I still like the E*trade baby. The "milkaholoc" made me smile. I also liked the Doritos ad, especially the one w/ the little kid who warned the suiter to "keep his hands of..."

Loved the game, liked the commercials, did not care for the half time show. Who Dat? Kind of tired.