Sunday, July 5, 2009

Vacation all I ever wanted

I had almost forgotten what the sun looked and felt like.

For those of you who actually thought I was hiking the Appalachian Trail and/or working on my book, I was actually on Kiawah Island, in South Carolina, where the family and I spent a wonderful, relaxing week, swimming, biking on the beach, and watching the Fourth of July fireworks from the deck of our cozy "villa."















The weather was perfect. The people could not have been nicer. And I can honestly say I did not miss cooking, or doing the laundry, or cleaning, or working one little bit. And I have tan lines! (Well, sort of.)

: )

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hopefully, you didn't get 660 WFAN down there!

J. said...

True story: Thursday night we're having dinner at the Atlantic Room at the Ocean Course, very elegant, and I ask the spouse what was going on with the Mets when the guy at the next table pipes up with the scores of the last couple games, the standings, and a few other tidbits. Turned out he lived in Richmond, VA, but grew up in NJ and was a DIEHARD Mets and Jets fan. We then spent the rest of the meal (or a good deal of it) discussing baseball and football with the guy (and his wife).

Who needs the FAN? ; )

EMM said...

It sounds like a wonderful week! I loooove the Carolinas. Welcome home. :) E

larissa said...

Great bunch of photos
Thank you for finding the sun
Did you bring it back?