Thursday, July 30, 2009

Playing hooky at Citi Field... watching the Mets trounce the Rockies 7 - 0

It's always nice when your team wins. But it's especially nice when you are attending the game at the ballpark. And today was an especially nice day. The sun was shining. The birds were singing. (At least I think they were singing. It was a little hard to hear them over the sound of the planes taking off and landing at LaGuardia.) And this afternoon the New York Mets beat the Colorado Rockies 7 - 0 (in well under three hours!).

Johan Santana pitched for the Mets and did an excellent job. And the Mets scored five runs in the bottom of the second inning to take the lead -- and never let it go.

The spouse and I and our friend M--- had a fantastic time at Citi Field (our first time at the Mets new stadium). And my only regret is that I didn't have one of those ginormous lenses for my Nikon D70. But at least I have the memories.

Play ball!









2 comments:

powaqqatsi said...

I had been to Shea many times over the years - thanks for the inside view of the new park.


When you drove home, did you notice the silence from Red Sox Nation? it seems Big Papi has joined the ranks of the the likes of A-rod & Clemons.

Tainted Love?

Do you think he still believes players should be "banned for life"???

J. said...

You're welcome, Powa. My pleasure. And thanks for the Ortiz/Big Papi bulletin. Sigh. Tainted love indeed.