Friday, October 31, 2008

Really, my daughter didn't mean to dress up as Don King

She is actually supposed to be a mad scientist. But when we went to get a crazy white Albert Einstein type wig for her up at the Party Depot, she fell in the love with the crazy black* Don King special.

The funny glasses and bow tie were
also her idea, as were the rubber gloves (which, as my brother-in-law noted, he does not remember Don King wearing).

Anyway, here's the damning evidence. You make the call: Don King, boxing promoter, or Mad Scientist?


































*as in hair color, people. Jeez.

9 comments:

TommyMac71 said...

Actually I would say she looks like one of those pencils with the crazy hair that you used to play with in like the 5th grade.

anyone remember those?

Anonymous said...

She kinda looks a little like Bill Nye the Science Guy!!!

Dave S. said...

Don King is always careful to remove the gloves before the photographers show up.

I like the hybrid costume idea, although the only time I was in a costume contest I placed second to my friend who, in five crazed minutes, came up with a "hunchbacked tennis-playing sheik" costume. I was a Twister board, and not only did it take much longer but it ROCKED.

Anonymous said...

Don King was never that cute.

My kid is a sumo wrestler this year. I believe her logic is that the costume can serve as an auxiliary candy repository if her bag gets full.

J. said...

The kid does look a bit like a Kooky Pen, Tommy. Hmmm.

Twister board, eh, Dave? You always were highly creative. But weren't you afraid of getting stomped on?

And Betty, I love the sumo wrestler idea, including the dual function. Please send me a pic!

Am off in a few to watch the Halloween parade at school, and am praying my migraine medicine has kicked in by then. : (

Dave S. said...

On the one hand, an attractive witch asked for a free spin. On the other hand, a crazed partier lunged at me yelling "Right hand red! Right hand red!" and I had to be rescued, but not before being knocked back by a palm to the chest. Good thing I left a dot off.

J. said...

Interestingly, I have now had several people comment that she looks like Groucho Marx. Hail, hail Freedonia!

Anonymous said...

Groucho Marx. But cuter!

EMM said...

Adorable! I too see Groucho Marx and not Don King...Love the sparkly bow-tie!