Friday, June 27, 2008

Unity: Not just a town in New Hampshire

I just watched the video clips of Hillary Clinton and Barack Obama (which is what those hot links go to) from their joint appearance earlier today in Unity, New Hampshire (where they each scored 107 votes during the New Hampshire primary -- go Unity!), and may I just say, Hillary looked absolutely stunning in royal blue (or maybe we should rename that shade of blue "Hillary blue" or "Democratic blue").

Looking at Barry and Hill together, hugging, smiling, mugging for the cameras, I thought to myself, they make such a nice couple. (But I still don't think Obama should pick Clinton to be his vice presidential running mate. Attorney General, yes; VP, no.)

Sarcasm aside, it was refreshing to listen to two such eloquent speakers (even as I kept imagining, in some 1960s-style dream-sequence-type special effect, Hillary strangling Barack or shrieking "I was supposed to be the candidate! It's not too late! You fools, forget about Obama and nominate me!").

So here's to Unity -- an inspired setting for this first joint campaign stop. Though may I suggest that if Bill Clinton comes around and decides to campaign with Obama, they avoid Intercourse, Pennsylvania.

(Photo credit: Spencer Platt/Getty Images)

5 comments:

Dave S. said...

...even as I kept imagining, in some 1960s-style dream-sequence-type special effect...

Now you know how JJV normally sees the world.

Anonymous said...

Now that we’re beyond Hillary, we can look forward to the first female VP, Sarah Palin, to become the first female President of the United States in 4 years!

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I saw most of the event too. Hillary did okay. She really did become a decent campaigner somewhere along the line. (She didn't start out that way, IMO.)

Attorney General, huh? That could work. I'd rather see her stick around the Senate, though. I'd like to see her replace Reid, who is way too much of a nancy-pants. Can you see Hillary taking on Lieberman?

J. said...

Yeah, watching Hillary yesterday made me remember why I used to really like her. She can be so good. Or maybe it was the blue pantsuit.

She has a loooong way to go, seniority-wise, before she gets to lead the boys' club in the Senate, though, I think. And as for Joe, I can't see her really taking him on as I think they have a lot in common. Though I do wish Lieberman would just go away.

Anonymous said...

...even as I kept imagining, in some 1960s-style dream-sequence-type special effect...

This reminded me of my vision which was a rousing bout of Celebrity Death Match. Check out Al Gore VS Weird Al Yankovic to get a taste...